Caro Bube II. 1991.
Oil on canvas, laid on fiberboard.
Bottom center signed and dated. Signed, titled and dated on the reverse. 120.5 x 100 cm (47.4 x 39.3 in).
• Nemukhin is considered one of the leading Russian artists who continues the line of abstraction and constructivism to the present day.
• He gained importance as the central protagonist of the so-called non-conformists from the 1960s onwards.
• In 1974, he was part of the legendary unofficial "Bulldozer exhibition" in Moscow, where the "nonconformists" presented their works outdoors.
• In 2015 his work was honored with a major solo exhibition at the Moscow Museum of Modern Art.
• Works by Nemukhin can be found in the Tretyakov Gallery, Moscow, the Stedelijk Museum, Amsterdam, and the Museum of Modern Art, New York.
PROVENANCE: Private collection Lower Saxony (acquired from the artist in 1993).
For information concerning the condition, please view the high resolution image / backside image.