Stillleben mit rostigem Nagel. 1975.
Egg tempera on canvas.
Verso signed, dated and titled. 100 x 120 cm (39.3 x 47.2 in).
• Effectful reference to the artist's name
• The occupation with ageing staged in a large format
• In 1965, Nagel founded, along with Dietmar Asmus and Nikolaus Störtenbecker, the artist group "ZEBRA".
• In 1985 he was appointed professor for painting in Kiel
• He revisits the nail in a later bronze.
PROVENANCE: Gesellschaft der Freunde der Stiftung Haus der Kunst München e.V. (verso with the label.
Neumeister, Munich, auction on October 10, 2006, lot 727.
Private collection North Rhine-Westphalia (acquired from the above in 2006).
EXHIBITION: Große Kunstausstellung, Haus der Kunst, Munich, June 17 - September 26, 1978, cat. no. 737 (with the exhibition label on the reverse).
LITERATURE: Neumeister, München, Sonderauktion der Freunde Haus der Kunst München, October 10, 2006, lot 727.
For information concerning the condition, please view the high resolution image / backside image.