Phenomena True Pointed Treasure Map. 1980.
Bottom center signed. Signed, dated, titled and inscribed "St. Croix" on the reverse. On firm wove paper. 78 x 109.5 cm (30.7 x 43.1 in), size of sheet.
• The colors' liveliness makes for the sheets special appeal.
• Paul Jenkins is one of the most important representatives of Abstract Expressionism in the USA.
• After an intensive examination of Kant and Goethe, Jenkins began to make the Phenomena pictures in 1959.
• In 1964 Paul Jenkins showed works at documenta III, Kassel; and in 1972 the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art honored him with a grand retrospective.
• Works by the artist are at, among others, the Musée d'art contemporain, Montréal, the Staatsgalerie Stuttgart, the National Museum of Art, Osaka and the MoMA, New York.
For information concerning the condition, please view the high resolution image / backside image.